Monday, September 11, 2006

And We're Off!

A PROPER SENDOFF

after surviving a week of dress rehearsals and notes from the producer, we were given 2 days off to do with what we please. Scot and meagan went back to new york to see their loved ones, and the rest of us stayed in boston. Friday night lanny and zach and I saw the movie HOLLYWOODLAND (wait for the dvd rental). But Saturday night, we met up with liz and nick from the E2 cast, and went to the TAKING BACK SUNDAY concert in downtown boston. It was an event set up for all the little new college kids coming back for the new semester, so I embraced my inner freshman, and had some fun. The government center square was totally packed- at last estimate there were upwards of 15,000 kids- so the part of the concert I actually saw was from sitting atop lanny’s shoulders. Thanks lanny!! :)

soon after, we decided a bar was in order. Happily, we made our way to The Bell and Hand bar (oldest bar in america). The beer was delish, and the atmosphere was great. Lots of people enjoying the warm weather, friends and alcohol. Many many many beers later (a $200 tab for the table), people started to part ways. Nick and I (my fellow redhead and birthday buddy) bonded for a few more hours, and were joined by rhonda (one of my housemates) and her visiting friend ryan. Much fun was had into the wee hours of the morning, and we all crashed at our dorchester house since I had to be all ready to leave on tour in a few hours.

Our tour, E1, has been joking for a few weeks now that we want to take nick from E2 along with us on our tour. So we decided he should wait with me the next morning for the van pick up and make like he was tagging along. (It was MUCH funnier the night before mind you...MUCH funnier).

So the next morning, Sunday, I was up early to finish the laundry, and the rest of the “to-do” list I had neglected to finish Saturday night, and start the hangover recovery process before embarking on a 10 hour van ride. My castmates gave me a minimal amount of shit for the state I was in when they picked me up at 10am, but I like to think I took it in good stride.


The van ride wasn’t too bad either. 10 hours, yes, but scot and I doubled up on the sharing of ipod playlists, and we had snacks, and an enjoyed the view of 500 miles of highway. Sunday night we checked into a days inn in fredonia, ny, did a line thru in preparation of tuesdays show, relaxed and slept. Currently, I’m writing this blog from the back seat of the 8 passenger van that has become my new comfy little home. I’m small, and I don’t mind small spaces, so I’m curled up amidst the luggage, and sharing the a seat with meagan.


I HEART ELECTRONICS

I do have to mention the crush I have on technology. Back in the day when I did long car rides with my family, it was in a buick (or volvo), and at best I had a game boy and a cd player. As I look around the van now, people have their ipods, laptops, and cell phones, with all sorts of cute accessories so all our computers can feed off of the car battery at once, and we can, if we so chose, listen to the same music or watch the same tv show at the same time. I’m writing my blog, and watching season 2 of DEADWOOD which is a hell of a lot better than taking in the scenic highway of pennsylvania





(actually we’ve driven through new york, pennsylvania, ohio, and now we’re in indiana- exciting I know.) :) Technology will ease the pain of living in a van, and for that...I heart it.


KATIE’S HOTEL REVIEW


if your staying in fredonia, ny, and your on a tight budget, this inn isn’t terrible. But I do hope our accomidations improve. Not all the doors open, there is highspeed internet, but only for one computer at a time (stupid wires), the spa and laundry machines were out of commission...but hey, they have cable, which is more than I even have in brooklyn!

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Katie said...

"Pennsylvania? no one's from pennsylvania. pennsylvania is just that state you have to get through when you're trying to get someplace else." -house of yes

-just for you jeff ;)

 
At 9/13/2006 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you had a CD player and some sort of game boy on your car rides!! I was lucky if I got to listen to the radio station I liked.

Then again, I must have traveled in the dark ages - my horse and cart really only having AM. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home