Friday, August 25, 2006

"I Pooped In The Pee Cup" - meagan

5 HOURS FOR A 5 MINUTE TEST...

today, meagan and i had to get our Department of Transportation physicals at some health center all the way out at logan airport. we rehearsed til around 12:30, then left the boys to run the 17 minute version of "the tell-tale heart" for the next 5 hours. i bet their day was as fun as ours. meagan and i ran for a bus in the rain that ended up being 20 mins late. then had to transfer to the red line on the T (boston's subway), transfer to the orange line, transfer to the blue line, transfer to the shuttle bus, to end up at the health center.

after what seems like a ridiculous amount of paperwork, and a rather long wait (which i was expecting), i'm called into the back. after a urine sample, eye test, and check of the blood pressure, i'm told to strip down and get into one of those backless hospital gowns. (oh goodie). then left to wait...and shiver.

the doc comes in, has me bend and touch the ground, raise my arms, walk on my toes, and checks my hearing. done with exam. nice.

then i sit out in the waiting room and wait for meagan who was right behind me during the eye test and blood pressure part. instead of meagan, out comes nick (the sound guy for the other cast, fellow redhead, with my same birthday, and lived in my former town of northbrook, IL...hurray! instant new friend.)

we continue to wait for meagan...and wait...and wait. we're getting a little punchy, and loud- which of course everyone else in the waiting room REALLY appreciated (psych).

i get a text message from meagan who is still in the exam room. she hasn't even been seen by a doctor, and is starving for food and starbucks. i text her back and ask what she did wrong to deserve this...she replies with "i pooped in the pee cup" obviously joking, but which sends nick and me into hysterical laughter in the quiet hospital waiting room. (people hate us). but we still have to wait another 15-20 minutes until meagan is freed. ri-di-cu-lous.

then on the way back, we're stuck at an outdoor bus stop in the rain for another 25 minutes, then there are massive delays with the trains because of "an earlier incident" (good, boston has the same generic explanation for transport delays as new york does), then we get stuck in a traffic jam on the last bus we had to take, and didn't get back to rehearsal until 5pm, without having eaten. we scarf down a slice of pizza each, and jump back into the swing of things, tired, still hungry, wet, and cold. after 27 minutes of rehearsal, brian calls it a day.

the cast decides to try out a not-so-scary looking restaurant that's just down the street. it's a little pricey, bar sucks, as does the service, but no one cares. beer, decent food, and we can all sit down and relax. glad that the day is over.



THE UPSIDE
the good news is that i found out we have 2 days off right before we head out on the road!! so everyone (for separate reasons) is going to new york! so i'll have 2 days back home with friends (laura no rumbles right before we hit the road...promise?). so clear your calendars- or at least pencil me in- cuz i'm comin' back for 2 days!! also i got no place to stay since i sublet my apt, so who wants me offer me a place to crash??! :)

3 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, looks like you have a place to stay, but you are also welcome out in the Kew. Of course, I can't guarantee there won't be any noises coming from our bedroom. :)

 
At 8/29/2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can stay with us as well, if you are not looking to whore that weekend. ;)

Although, I can't guarantee their won't be strange noises coming from our bedroom. ;0

 
At 8/31/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I leave the computer turned off for a couple of weeks and when I finally come back there's a few hours worth of "Katie Blog" reading to catch-up on.

Nice work, Katie, me darlin'. I really enjoyed the read, and the photos.

I can see I'll have to find more time in my retired-man's schedule for Blog reading.

Shouldn't be a problem though - been to five auditions this year, got 3 call-backs, but no name on a Cast List. It's gotten so bad, I've stooped to a new personal low of doing training videos, for crying out loud!

Good to see that Jeff is still alive and well in the Big Apple -- or, more accurately, Brooklyn.

Silky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home