Monday, September 25, 2006

Concord (Charlotte), NC





i haven't had an internet connection for a few days, so this is a little behind...


thursday, sept 21
HOME!!! We drove through the smokey mountains a lot this week while in virginia, and made our way down to concord, north carolina...really that’s just the outer edge of charlotte, and close to where my family lives! Hooray! We got into our hotel rather early, and meagan and I went down to sun ourselves by the pool. We all took a few hours to rest, and then most of us piled in the van and went to my parent’s house for dinner. :) they were all happy to not have to eat fast food in a hotel room for dinner, and I was so excited to go home, if only for a few hours. My parents were excited to see me too, (why else would they be happy to cook dinner for 8 extra people in the middle of a work week). I was glad I got to bring my crew home, since my ‘rents have heard about them so much. And some of the cast was interested to see what kind of family I come from...I am in fact a perfect hybrid of my parents. And my brother, Tommy, was there too which made me happy. We got back to our usual punching and beating on each other as signs of affection, and all felt like a little slice of normalcy for a couple hours. It was nice. Plus we all ate our faces off which is always good for morale. It made me happy to share my house with this new pseudo-family I’ve got on tour. Plus some of my tourmates are such wonderfully interesting people, I am always proud to share in their company.

the next day we had a performance in concord and my parents played hookie from work and came to see it. Thankfully, it was a good show! All the lights worked (not something we take for granted after having a few too many total blackouts in the middle of the damn show), we all gave good performances, and the audience was wonderful. It was 700+ 7th graders, and they were all so into it, it makes me not mind doing children’s theatre. Plus, the kids that helped out after the show, were so enthusiastic! We had a talkback session while we ate lunch after the show where the advanced theater class grilled us about touring life. We are all whores for attention so I don’t think any of us minded.

after concord, nc, we piled in the van/truck and drove to batesburg, south carolina. Actually, the performance was in batesburg/leesville, sc, but there isn’t a hotel within 30 minutes of the school, so we stayed at a comfort inn in lexington, sc. There was an outdoor pool where we sunned ourselves in the warm southern afternoon sun, ate some fantastic mexican food, drank cheap beer, and watched the scariest/weirdest 80's movie I have ever seen!! VIDEODROM, ever heard of it?? SO WEIRD!

the next morning we got up well before the sun.


but the up side to this, is that you are awake for the sunrise, which is awesome. drove 30 mins to the venue, where we were blessed to have southern hospitality draped upon us all day! From the minute we arrived, the teachers sang our praises, the students were more than helpful ( I picked up a little blonde fake boyfriend for the day named zach...he’s 16, and he loved everything that we did). After the show we ate the hell out of some of the best food we have been served so far on the road. Good ol’ homemade sandwiches, chips, soda, broccoli salad, pecan pie, and fruit salad. YUM!!! (currently I’m starved, sitting in the back of the van, stuck in traffic in atlanta, Georgia so pardon the number of times I’ve talked about food in this entry, I could eat my own arm right now....or better yet, meagans, since she’s passed out next to me)

our next stop is rome, Georgia. We’ll be there for 2 days (2 days off to be specific). Not really sure what there is to do in rome, ga for 2 days, but the worst case scenario is that we sit around drinking beers and watching tv...worse things have happened.

i'll leave you with this picture of meagan, naked in our room, with handcuffs on her ass...yes, i put them there. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home